Senior Centre without walls
Seniors’ Centre Without Walls (SCWW) is a free interactive telephone-based program that connects seniors 50+. It is a seniors’ centre from the comfort of home!
Seniors’ Centre Without Walls Basics:
· Completely free program
· You do not need to be a member of South Gate Centre
· Programs are multi-person phone conversations (or conference calls)
· No special equipment needed – just your average phone!
· Each phone session lasts between 30-60 minutes
· You are able to hear each other, talk to one another, learn and have fun!
How do I participate in the calls?
On the day and time of a chosen program you can use the “Steps to Connect” (see below) to call yourself into that program.
Code of Conduct:
To ensure a safe and welcoming space, we ask participants, facilitators and guest presenters to observe our Code of Conduct:
· To respect each other, use appropriate subject matters, and try not to interrupt others
· To allow the facilitator and guest speakers to direct the group
· To allow everyone to contribute by not dominating the conversations
· To help create an inclusive environment that honours people of all cultures, traditions, faiths, genders, sexual orientation, abilities, and life experiences.
Steps to Connect:
1) Dial 226-781-4229 OR 1-866-279-1594
2) Enter the 6-digit PASSCODE 1 4 5 1 3 1 then press #
3) Record your name or just stay on the line then press #
*Note: the passcode is the same for all programs.
**Not working? Dial *0 to speak to the operator and ask to be connected to Seniors’ Centre Without Walls Woodstock.